Eating pizza guilt-free just got a lot easier (and tastier!). When it comes to health, it’s not all about the hard-to-swallow, lowest calorie foods.
While junk food makes us feel momentarily good, often times our insides reject it— leaving us with aches, bloating and even acne. Giving the body the foods it wants in a more nutritious way is key and will ultimately help fight some of the body’s battles: fatigue, acne, dark circles, inflammation, sleep issues and more.
With spring in the air, I’m motivated to get out of the winter funk of bulky clothing and fattening comfort food and begin cleansing (bathing suit season… and finals are around the corner and I want my mind and body right).
The ingredients for this gluten free meal are perfect for a light, Sunday spring dinner and will cleanse your body in a satisfying way. Simple ingredients like shiitake mushrooms, garlic and bell peppers have major health benefits too!
According to Dr. Axe.com shiitake mushrooms have been known to aid weight loss, support cardiovascular health, fight cancer cells, improve energy levels and brain function, reduce inflammation and support the immune system.
Forget that Emergen-C packet today; bell peppers are high in vitamin c and also work as a natural anti-inflammatory.
Garlic, a natural anti-bacterial, is a blood purifier, helps fight against colds and improves skin and hair.
Give your body and belly some love and try this delicious meal!
- 1 Gluten-Free (GF) Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw, Manuka honey
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (about 7), sliced
- ¼ medium bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup fresh arugula
- Goat cheese
- Add olive oil to a medium pan; add mushrooms and peppers and sauté until soft and caramelized (about 10 minutes)
- While ingredients are sautéing, add tomato paste, balsamic and honey to a bowl and mix until smooth and well-combined
- Smooth over pizza sauce on crust, and add the toppings from the pan
- Place the pizza in the over for the suggested time (usually 10 minutes), remove, and top with arugula