Vegan Broccoli-Based "Pesto" Gnocchi
Knowing I was heading into a holiday weekend and going to be out of town for four days, I decided it probably wasn't worth my while to buy groceries this week--most of which I knew were going to turn into waste since by stomach and cooking aspirations are always larger in the grocery store than they are in the kitchen.
Instead of buying new produce, I turned to leftovers and frozen foods that have been patiently waiting to be turned into a meal. I seamlessly made it through the week using up veggies, pastas, and quinoa, but on the last day before my vacation, I had literally two ingredients left: Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi and broccoli.
To my surprise, I successfully turned two ingredients into a kicka** meal that I will undoubtably make again. For the record, I even got my picky roommate's overwhelming approval on this one.
- Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Greek Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Add 1 cup of broccoli to 2 cups of boiling water over the stove, cook until fork-tender
- Cook gnocchi in a pan with water and olive oil until lightly browned
- Put cooked broccoli in Nutri-Bullet blender (best when cooled off and not steaming hot)
- Blent broccoli with salt, pepper, red pepper, and a generous amount of olive oil
- Add puréed broccoli to stovetop with gnocchi
- Cook for approximately 1 minute